Monday, November 17, 2008

Drugs

So on Friday we did the whole activity where we ranked where drugs should be and where they should be placed in our society. I was kind of surprised when I saw where people ranked certain types of drugs. For instance caffeine was ranked as a 4 meaning it was classified as one of the worst illegal drugs. As oppose to marijuana which was classified as a 2 meaning it should be an over the counter drug. Now clearly I don't agree with caffeine being a 4 considering there is caffeine in a lot of good products such as soft drinks and coffee. I however think that marijuana should not be illegal. I think they should legalize it for medicinal purposes and for those who choose to smoke it. I think it should be treated like alcohol. If you choose to do it at least be smart about it. I am not a marijuana user but I am for legalizing it I believe people should be allowed to purchase it at age 21 but only in certain amounts. As for other drugs like heroine, meth, cocaine, pcp, and extacy I believe that all of those drugs should be banned and should never be legalized just because of the effect it has on people. Like the inmate Travis from the video, he was going through withdraw from heroine and it really messed his life up.

No comments: