Monday, October 20, 2008
Our Society
After viewing the movie "Bowling For Columbine" it made me realize how scary our society is. Not only do we have a high murder rate due to guns but because of the gun access in our country we have had school shootings, and multiple people have been shot or have accidentally shot themselves while jokingly playing with a gun. In the movie that we watched they showed the victims of the Columbine incident and their wounds after they were shot. And they showed one student who was shot and is now permanently parazlyed from the waste down. Many young males in our society are influenced by gang members or killers in the media, and by watching these young men shoot people it influnces them to do the same. If we continue to have guns that are simple to get we are going to have the highest murder rate in the world. I use to live in Kentucky and I was about six years old and I remember during recess my friend and I found a rifle gun in a sewer grate. Any child could've picked it up and seriously have hurt themselves. We have too many guns in our country. I think that guns should only be used for the army or if you live in an unsafe area. And guns shouldn't be sold at Walmart or K-Mart they should be sold in a shop that is more secluded to the society. One that really surprised me in the movie was how they blamed Marilyn Manson and his music. Because he is a heavy metal artist they blamed him for all of the shootings that happend. They thought his music influenced people to act violent. This movie just really surprised me and made me realize how our society is and how my danger there is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment