Monday, November 24, 2008
Inmates
After watching "30 Days" it really changed my perspective on what jail was like. In the movies they make jail seem like hell when in reality jail isn't as bad as it seems. Yes you associate yourself with some crazy people but there are pleanty of police officers there to protect and watch each inmate. And even though these men and women spend days upon days being stuck inside they serve their time in a constuctive humanly way. A lot of these people want to turn their lives around, they want to become better people and live like normal people. In the movie they showed each of the men having a group discussion about how they deal with their problems and what they can do to help themselves. Watching this movie changed my perspective on the inmates. I was always intimidated by the thought of inmates but I believe it is a social misconception. I think that people just automatically think that these people are low lives and they will never have a chance in the real world. I however disagree. One of the inmates Travis was addicted to heroine for 10 years and he finally tried turning his life around by going to rehabe, he even planned on getting a job after he got out of jail. I believe everyone deserves a second chance to turn their life around, and I thoroughly believe that inmates are misunderstood by others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't think I would say that jail isn't that bad. The 30 days episode might not represent that part of jail as accurate. I think it is a more tame prison, a more progressive prison than most. There are prisons that are far more crowded and filled with more violent individuals. Imagine, if someone wanted to hurt Morgan in that episode how easily it could have happened. That happens at other prisons. Think about that reading we read which is also a real prison.
Post a Comment