Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thankful

After listening to Mr. Laroza speak about the school that he teaches at it really made me think how greatful I am to go to such a great school. He told us about how kids don't put effort into school like they should. He mentioned how there is a fight in the school and how he has witnessed drug deals and how people use profane language and mistreat their peers. Just listening to him tell his life story about how he grew up with his siblings and how his mother was juggling 3 jobs while at the same time taking care of her children. Not only did life seem hard for Mr. Laroza but I can't imagin how hard it must have been for his mother, being an immigrant from Sicily, having three jobs, and taking care of her children. I takew where I live and where I go to school for granted. Sometimes I think why does this school have to be so hard it's not fair when in reality there are a handful of kids in this world who are striving just to get an education. I think that everyone should realize how lucky we have it and be thankful for the opportunities we have.

1 comment:

Kiley said...

I agree with you. Im also very thankful to go to Stevenson. I never really appreciated how lucky i am until he came to speak to us.