Sunday, December 14, 2008

Volunteering

So over the weekend I did my volunteer hours. It was really quite an experience for me. I worked with an animal shelter through Petsmart and took part in taking care of cats and dogs that were either strays or were abandon. I also helped several dogs and cats get adopted by several different people I have a very soft spot in my heart for animals, I use to have a dog but unfortunatly she was hit by a car about a year ago, so now I only have my two cats whom I absolutly adore. Living with animals is so benefical for people. Anyone who has a pet or who has previously owned one knows how much joy and happiness they bring you. I wanted to give something back to the cats and dogs but helping them each find a home. Working at the Safe Harbor animal shelter really made me feel good about myself. Not only did I help dogs and cats get adopted, but it just made me feel good taking care of them. There was one puppy in particular that just broke my heart because she got hit by a car and lost her leg. However, I found a family who was intrested in adopting her and are suppose to come back and tell me if they got her. I think that anybody who likes animals should volunteer at a shelter. It is one of the best feeling just knowing that you made a difference in their lives.

No comments: