Thursday, January 8, 2009

Crash

I could not believe how racist the characters were in the movie Crash. In the first scene it showed a white couple and two African American men walking on the city streets. The second the female saw the two black men she grabbed on to her husband because she was afraid of them. They immediatly reasponded to what she did and got offended by her reaction. I don't blame them for getting mad at the women because she is automatically judging that they are gangsters and that they are going to harm her. I think that the only reason that they got their car hi-jacked was because of the women's reaction. Also when the Asian lady got into a car crash with the other women, they both showed racism towards eachother. I felt bad for the hispanic man the most because he was criticized by both the Middle Eastern man and the wealthy caucasian woman (Sandra Bullock). Just because he is hispanic both the Middle Eastern man and the wealthy white caucasian women thought that he wasnt a professional and that he was going to break in. I just was astounded by the amout of racism that was shown in this film. And the thing is there is still a lot of racism in this world. There are still people who are racist against blacks, jews, hispanics, whites, and asians. I just don't understand how people can judge and redicule someone just because of their skin color or heritage.

No comments: