Sunday, September 28, 2008

Culture differences

It interesting how different cultures around the world are. I remember when I was visiting my family in Turkey thinking how interesting the culture there was. Unlike in the United States when you meet a Turkish person they will kiss you on both sides of you cheeks as oppose to a hand shake. Like Japan Turkey also had some toilets that were just a hole in the ground. I also remember being woken up at the crack of dawn listening to people pray over a loud speaker so the entire town could hear and pray aswell. It took me awhile getting us to all of this but I personally find Turkish culture very cool. They have some similar thing to America for intance people like to smoke to be social. In America we usually smoke cigarettes but in Turkey they smoke hookah. I also really enjoyed the Turkish cuisine. I really enjoy experiencing different cultures around the world. In my opinion diversity is very enriching.

No comments: